Wednesday, July 30, 2008

Project Runway Tonight!

I'm def kind of a loser/normal participant in low-brow American culture, but I'm excited for TV-- project runway is tonight. It's really a releif from all the hideously uninspired outfits lawyers put together. Part of it isn't their fault. I mean the men's suit isn't really groundbreaking fashion, even if you were to buy the nicest one--it's still wool and you need a shirt and a tie to go with it. But clothes for professional women are the worst! We have breasts and legs and hips and thighs and that's ok! Why make clothes for women that are essentially mens clothes with a couple of darts in the chest and bum and don't require a tie and take all the beauty out of being a woman?? You work in an office, you know. So project runway is an escape into my own fashion fantasy...away from the world I live in of button downs, khaki, and open toed shoes worn with pantyhose. The best part--it doesn't cost any money at all to indulge in this fantasy. Omg i didn't spend all my money on project runway. Maybe at urban outfitters in Chinatown tonight, but PR is guilt-free fashion for poor people who only have money to spend on boring work clothes like me. Well, maybe just this jacket from urban, and then I'm back to work. Aufvitazeign!


P.S. the NEED to auf that overthehill poser rocker motorcycle chick--she is taking up tv time away from people who can actually respond creatively to design challenges.

No comments: